DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
Civil Engineering is one of the broadest and oldest engineering disciplines extending across many technical specialities. Civil Engineers plan, design, and supervise the construction of facilities essential to modern life like space satellites and launching facilities, offshore structures, bridges, buildings, tunnels, highways, transit systems, dams, airports, harbors, water supply system and wastewater treatment plants. A Civil Engineer is responsible for planning and designing a project, constructing the project to the required scale and maintaining of the project. A Civil Engineer requires not only a high standard of engineering knowledge but also supervisory and administrative skills.
The infrastructure available in the department facilitates students to develop their skills and knowledge within the framework of curriculum prescribed by the university.
- To impart knowledge and excellence in civil engineering and technology with global perspectives to our students and to make them ethically strong engineers to build our nation.
- To produce civil engineers of high caliber, technical skills and ethical values to serve the society and nation.
- To make the department a centre of excellence in the field of civil engineering and allied research.
- To provide knowledge base and consultancy services to the community in all areas of civil engineering.
- To promote innovative and original thinking in the minds of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
- The ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- The ability to design and conduct experiments.
- The ability to analyze and interpret data.
- The ability to design a system or component to meet desired needs.
- The ability to function with multidisciplinary teams.
- The ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- The ability to communicate effectively through writing and drawing.
- The ability to communicate effectively through oral presentations.
- An understanding of the impact of engineering on society.
- An understanding of the necessity to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues in civil, environmental and architectural engineering.
- The ability to use modern engineering techniques, skills and tools.
- The ability to explain basic concepts in management, business, public policy and leadership.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates will be successfully employed in engineering, science or technology career.
- Graduates will assume management or leadership roles.
- Graduates will engage in continual learning by pursuing advanced degrees or additional educational opportunities through coursework, professional conferences and training or participation in professional societies.
- Graduates will pursue professional registration or other appropriate certifications.
- Graduates will be active in civil engagement.
- Civil engineering material & geology Lab.
- Concrete lab.
- Building planning & design lab.
- Fluid mechanics lab.
- Material testing lab.
- Structural engineering lab.
- Road materials and testing lab.
- Environmental engineering design lab.
- Surveying laboratory.