30th national convention of Architectural Engineers & National seminar on “INNOVATIONS IN Architectural Engineering”
The seminar was held by Institution of Engineers (India) Rajasthan state center, Jaipur & co-sponsored by our college.
Many senior Civil Engineers with a vast experience in the field delivered lectures to motivate the young buddy Engineers. Their emphasis was on to re-energize the old technologies practiced in our field & to innovate our field with the best possible advanced technologies.
Er. Subir Kumar IAS Divisional Commissioner, Bikaner was Chief Guest of the seminar.
Mr. R.P. Gupta, Past President, The Institution of Engineers (India) was guest of honour & Er. H.K. Mittal Chairman, Architectural Engineering Div. Board, I.E. Proceeded the opening session.
Guest & other keynote speakers were:
- P.K. Adlakha (Architectural Engineer, New Delhi) presented his views through the topic “Poetry in Bricks “: An Innovative & affordable housing approach. He laid emphasis on the architectural use for brick and & also on the poetry done with the different types of bricks; with an environment of low cast but with a modern ambience.
- Praveen Jain (Chief Town planner, Dept. of town planner Govt. of Rajasthan) shared his views on the topic Surat cities for sustainable development. His idea of Surat city was to create sustainable economy & high quality of life by excelling in key areas that can be done through information technology. Such areas are economy, smart mobility, smart environment, smart living and smart governance.
- Avinash D. Shirode (Past Chairmen,Arch Engg. Div. IEI) discussed about architectural Engineering for the future with the development of new technologies.
- Dr. Subodh Chandra (Senior Consultant- Architectural and Structural Engineer) Sharma presented his views on the use of ferrocement & its applications which are giving new characteristic architectural styles and forms.
- Mr. M.L. saraswat delivered his lecture on new concept of water harvesting in buildings & from natural drains. He described method of preparation of a water harvesting project.