DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
The field of Computer Science and Engineering has been pushing the envelope of almost all other disciplines which use computing as a fundamental means of inquiry and tool for discovery. Computer science and engineering offers exciting, intellectually challenging and rapidly growing career opportunities. .
Computer Science and Engineering has two primary focuses:
Computer Hardware Design: Includes an understanding of design methodologies for electronic circuits, digital systems, computer architecture and integrated circuits.
Computer Software Design: Includes an understanding of design methodologies for programming, algorithms and data structures, operating systems, large-scale software development, the principles of computing and a wide variety of software applications across various computer languages.
- Global Excellence in teaching, research and development with rapid advances in area of computer science and engineering.
- The mission of the department is to impart global competence to students and to inculcate the spirit of moral values to make the students good human beings.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to function with multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary is to understand the impact of engineering solutions with a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the need of ability to engage in life-long learning.
- An ability to develop the knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To educate students to provide appropriate theoretical background with sound practical knowledge that will be useful to develop a successful professional career as well as life-long learning, entrepreneurship and leadership.
- To provide students with a strong foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyse engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies, research and development(R & D), consultancy and higher learning.
- To develop excellent logical thinking and programming skills to enable students to design, develop and test application software.
- To make students good human beings who will have sense of social responsibility and respect for society and its heritage by creating good social environment for them as well as teach them ethical standards.
- Teaching-Learning process is given at most priority in pursuit of improving the quality of technical education
- Innovative teaching aids and methodologies are used by the department towards this goal
- The efficiency of the Teaching-Learning process is reflected in the consistently excellent results being achieved every year
- Providing an outstanding research environment complemented by excellence in teaching
- The department has a comprehensive curriculum on topics related to all aspects of Computer Hardware and Software with an emphasis on practical learning
- The course structure is up-to-date and includes courses on nascent topics to equip our students with the latest developments in computer science and engineering
- The department has state-of-the-art infrastructure and computing equipment supported by high speed Ethernet and wireless networks
- Various organizational actions like CSI Chapter, Infosys Campus connect, TCS-ion, ISTE are active throughout the year
- Our faculty members aim at delivering top class education with blending their rich research experience with classroom teaching
- The department has undertaken many research projects funded by government agencies
- The Computer Science & Engineering Department has set up advanced laboratory facilities and the students are trained in these laboratories regularly by allotting suitable time slots in the regular time table
- Students have access to high speed broad band internet connection and a well equipped department library
- Equipped with 09 well furnished fully air-conditioned modern computer labs having Pentium IV and core2Duo with 2 GB RAM.
- Equipped with dedicated server.
- Scilab, Maxima, Open Office
- LaTex, GNU/Linux, GCC, Kicad
Features & Facilities
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Leased line with the support Cisco router 2610 Series and the security tightened with firewall
- Layer three switch-Cisco 3750 and Layer two switch-Cisco 2950
- All the computers have 24 hours power supply through 220 KVA DG and personal UPS
- Local Area Network designed on Gigabyte Cat-6
- Complete connectivity in the campus through Optical Fibre
- Digital library equipped with e videos and e-books from the IITs
- Management Information System