The Motto of NSS "Not Me But You", reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is an Indian government-sponsored public service program conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. Popularly known as NSS, the scheme was launched in Gandhiji's Centenary year, 1969. Aimed at developing student's personality through community service, NSS is a voluntary association of young people in Colleges, Universities and at +2 level working for a campus-community linkage.
The cardinal principle of the NSS programme is that it is organised by the students themselves, and both students and teachers through their combined participation in community service, get a sense of involvement in the tasks of nation building.
Our college has 200 no. of active NSS members who organizes and takes active part in numerous NSS activities held at regular intervals throughout year.
Several activities are organized by the volunteers under NSS. Some of them are as follows:
- National Integration
- Adventure Programme-Aero Sport
- Aero-Sports activities like Hot Air Ballooning or Parasailing, to be organised by NAF
- Adventure trekking and night out in desert, to be organised by NAF
- Blood Donation Camp
- Disaster Management
- Awareness Rallies
- Inviting doctors for health camps
- Awareness/Campaign on social problems, education and cleanliness
The students obtain work experience which might help them to find avenues of self-employment or employment in any organisation at the end of their university career has aroused among the student youth an awareness of the realities of life, a better understanding and appreciation of the problems of the people. NSS is, thus, a concrete attempt in making campus relevant to the needs of the community. There are several instances of excellent work and exemplary conduct of NSS units which have earned them respect and confidence of the people.
Aim and Objectives
- To bring youth face to face with the community and make efforts to improve their life
- To inculcate social welfare in students, and to provide service to society without bias.
- NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity. In doing so, volunteers learn from people in villages how to lead a good life despite a scarcity of resources. it also provides help in natural and man-made disasters by providing food, clothing and first aid to the disaster victims
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilising community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practise national integration and social harmony
The following activities took place at MEC campus:
- Recently, on 30 Jan 2015, the NSS team of the college organized a National activity i.e. 'My Clean India', an activity of cleanliness.Under this the active NSS volunteers cleaned the college campus as well as outer road of the campus.
- On 29 Jan 2015,in MEC campus, Dr.Vikram Singh Tanwar, Infertility Specialist and Gyane surgeon, Pratap Prasuti grah, Dr.Meena Asopa, State Appropriate Authority of Govt. Of Rajasthan, Jaipur in Medical and Health Dept.,Mr. Mahendra Singh Ji Charav, District Incharge of PCPNDT cell of Medical and Health Department Office, Bikaner were present with a motto of "Save Girl Child" and made all the students aware of the PCPNDT Act and an oath on Save Girl Child was also taken by all the students and faculty members. At last, all the oath takers were certified and everyone signed on the Save Girl Child Poster with their wishes and pledge for saving girl child.
- On 31 Oct 2014, Rashtriya Ekta Diwas was organised by NSS and was clebrated in the college campus. All the students and faculty members took active part and all have pledged the oath to be united.
- On 2 Oct 2014, NSS cell of our college participated in " Swatch Bharat Abhiyan organised by NSS of MEC on the occasion of "Clean India Mission" with great enthusiasm and interest. More than 140 students have participated in Clean India Mission.
The following are the NSS coordinator of our college :-
- NSS Unit-Code MEC/NSS/001 (consisting of 100 members)-Mr. Ram Niwas Sahu
- NSS Unit-Code MEC/NSS/002 (consisting of 100 members)-Mr. Lokesh Choudhary