DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Of the many engineering disciplines Mechanical Engineering is the broadest branch encompassing a wide variety of engineering fields. Although it is commonly assumed that mechanical engineers are automotive engineers and manufacturing engineers in fact, mechanical engineers are employed in an wide range of technical aspects. Mechanical Engineering is a challenging, rewarding, and highly respected profession.
The goal of the Mechanical Engineering department is to prepare students for entry into the Mechanical Engineering profession.
We strive to prepare our students for good employability in the area of mechanical engineering.
The objective of Mechanical Engineering Department is to provide the right inputs to meet the demands of the industry.
- To be a recognized department of mechanical engineering in education, research, outreach programs.
The mission of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is threefold:
- Teaching : To provide a high-quality educational experience to undergraduate and graduate students that enables them to become leaders in their chosen professions.
- Research : To create, explore, and develop innovations in engineering and science through their research.
- Service : To provide beneficial service to the local, state, national, and International industries and communities via educational, technical, entrepreneurial, and professional activities.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, andengineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function with multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulates, and solves engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need of an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- An ability to develop the knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practices.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To prepare students for successful career in industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies along with employability of students by imparting soft skills and requisite training.
- To coach ME students to work in team and provide insight and direction into the atmosphere as might be encountered by professionals in the field.
- To develop strong communication & analytical skills so that they can quickly assess how to solve problems.
- Machine shop & Smithy shop
- Auto-mobile lab & Dynamics of machine lab I & II
- Instrumentation and control lab
- Engineering graphics lab
- Foundry shop
- Welding shop
- Production lab
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) lab
- Thermal engineering lab I & II
- Mechanics lab
- Computer numeric control(CNC) lab
- Fluid mechanics lab
- Refrigeration and air condition lab
- Mechanics of solid lab
- Vibration lab
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) lab
- Heat and mass transfer lab
- Sheet metal shop