DEPARTMENT OF BASIC SCIENCE & HUMANITIES
Science and Humanities are branches of the same tree whose aspirations are directed toward enabling man’s life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. The department has a rare blend of very dynamic and qualified faculties of basic sciences and humanities such as Mathematics, Physics and Communicative English. The department provides concept oriented subject knowledge through high quality teaching supplemented with practical training. The department has a distinctive mission and history that makes it unique.
Overall development of the students is made possible with soft skills through aptitude tests, communicative English, Mathematics, club activities and so on.
To promote values and personality of the students by inculcating values of honesty, sincerity, team spirit and work culture so as to blossom into successful Technopreneurs for the glorious future.
- To achieve academic and professional excellence in its undergraduate programmes by introducing innovative teaching methodologies and evaluation strategies which shall chisel the professional etiquette of the students.
- To equip students for a globally-focused and dynamic environment by imparting scholarly, creative and professionally planned programmes and to inculcate the importance of Basic Sciences and develop a natural talent for engineering and technology.
- To disseminate value-based knowledge among the students.
- To hold training programs/seminars/workshops for upgrading staff performance.
- To keep pace with the growing needs of the society at large and industry in particular and prepare the students for the same.
- To give impetus to research activity and to publish technical papers in National and International Journals.
The Physics Laboratory
- Well equipped spacious laboratory with latest equipments
- Separate dark room to conduct the prescribed experiment related to “optics”
- Special emphasis on optics
- Each experiment has individual workstation
The Chemistry Laboratory
- Two modern chemistry labs with uninterrupted gas, water and electric supply where 60 students can work at a time
- Equipped with oven, water distillation unit, weighing equipments and spectrophotometer
- Separate Balance Room
- Two modern and advanced environmental engineering labs.
Digital Multimedia Language Laboratory
- A well equipped computerized and air cooled language laboratory operating on a software designed by experts
- Modern Cambridge software consisiting of Propower, Touchstone, English in Mind, Learn to Speak etc.
- Attention on each student with master console